At The Crossroads
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An RP taking place on 2012 Earth, when the barriers between the world of fiction and reality disappear. What will you do, in this nexus of worlds, this crossroads of all reality?

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

City of Altdorf

Go down 
+2
Andrew
Rathborne
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet
Race: Human
Faction: Hellsing
Weapon: Webley I .455 revolver

City of Altdorf - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 11:57 pm

Merrik continued on in silence, past the penetrating glares of Reiksguard Knights a he kept in lockstep with Ludwig, weaving through the labarynth of halls and passages within the palace area.

Eventually, the hallway widened out into a vast hall, lined with high windows and column on either side. Passing statues of Emperors of the pat, the group eventually halted near the throne proper, where a gaggle of advisors and nobles were gathere around a large table of oak wood. Merrik could catch some of the conversation going back and forward betwen them.

"... we cannot spare any more men to Kislev. The Ostermark is besieged..."
"... 3,500 men from Hochland are expecting to arrive ther by the morrow, my lord."
"... batteries and regiments from Nuln are expecting to arrive there within seven days."

Eventually, the talk died down as a lone figure emerged from the crowd. He wa a young man in his late 30's, brown haired and green eyed. He had hawkish features, yet carried himelf with a air of authority within his garb of office, a crimson cloak hanging over a smart doublet. A large hammer was resting on one hip and his eyes seemed to sparkle with intelligence ad wit.

Merrik fell to his knee as Shwarzheim bowed his head, "My lord, may I present Sergeant Gungter Merrick, leader of the Nuln "Countess' Own Volunteers" regiment."
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet
Race: Legendary Servant
Faction: Britannia
Weapon: Excalbiur, Sword of the Lake

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:17 am

"I believe in introduction is in order on both our people, good Emperor, though I know not your name, or country. I am humbly before you here on this day, to ask for temporary asylum for my comrades and Master. We simply wish to learn of this strange land, and do what we may, being that we have no mission in this place. We mean you no harm; to you, or your people. But we can also be a willing ally, as we have no loyalty in this land." Saber did not bow, nor did she lower her head. While the others would most likely do so, it was not her place, or job to bow to a man, or god.

She was a King, and it was her right- not divine, or by blood (Though the latter was all to true) - she had been a King through her own ability. She had to fight for her rank, becoming a Knight. And as such, she did not treat it idly, or with disrespect. She had earned her right to not bow in the presence of a leader of men.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aya looked around the room, a half bored look on her face, as she bowed her head, or whatever one of the people had done. She really didn't want to piss these people off. Not yet, anyway, and to be honest, a firefight here would not end well. She had a feeling that if this was a fictitious world, it was certainly magical. And as she already knew, Magic was hax.

Last edited by Saber on Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dagon's Champion

Dagon's Champion

Character Sheet
Race: Deep one
Faction: Order of the old ones: Esoteric order of dagon
Weapon: Colt .45 Magnum

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:36 am

Malachi did not bow, he did not kneel, he showed this man no sign of inferiority. He stood his ground, absolute in his resolve to show a sense of equality with saber and the emperor. Who had decided that they were any more important than him or anyone else? No, all are equal in their worth. He did show respect by giving the emperor a simple nod.
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet
Race: Quarian
Faction: unaffiliated
Weapon: Breaker VII Assault Rifle

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:00 am

Lia stood in the back silently, attempting to remain respectful. She hoped that talking as little as possible would at least keep her in a neutral standing with these people. She had no idea that she was supposed to bow and Saber and Malachi's refusal didn't help with that.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Weapon: M199 5.56x45mm Assault Rifle

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:24 am

James slid his feet shoulder width apart and clasped his hands behind his back in 'At Ease'. He didn't really know how to act like one of these people, but hoped his pose would show some form of respect.

---

Most of the people in the room showed a foolhardy stubborness to give the Emporer no respect. But Andrew was a Knight of the Brotherhood of Steel goddamnit, and he was going to show some respect for this man.

Andrew reached up to his face and removed his helmet while falling to a knee, setting the helmet on the ground and looking at the floor. As Brotherhood Knights and Paladins did when Elder Lyons entered the room. It was a sign of respect. Despite qualms of some for the Brotherhood's innocence, they still had a code of honor and chivalry.
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:36 am

The Emperor gestured to thoe who were making obnesciance, insisting, "Rise. Rise! No need to bow."

As Merrik arose, the Emperor frowned briefly, then asked, "Sergeant Merrik, weren't you and your battalion meant to be on the march to Nuln by now?"

Shaking his head, Merrik replied, "Forgive me your grace, but ... I have no battalion."

The Emperor's eyes glanced down briefly before adding, "I see. Tell me everything."

Merrik quickly explained everything that occured from etting out to his return. By the end, he concluded, "... I have less then a sixth of my battalion left. We would have been wiped out, were it not for these persons."

Merrik turned to the others, adding, "Ladies and gentlemen, may I present his majesty, Emperor Karl Franz the First."
Back to top Go down
Dagon's Champion

Dagon's Champion

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:10 am

Malachi looked at the man, he was a rather impressive sight, he looked to be a battle hardened man. He most likely earned this position, and malachi smiled at the man beneath his cowl. "Greetings Karl Franz of the empire. May the gods smile upon you and bless your reign, and fell those you stand against." He said respectfully, he clasped his hands and made a quick prayer to the gods. He then placed them behind his back and looked to the emperor. "My name is Malachi Olmsted, sorcerer and child of the deep. I do hope that there may be peace between us while we are within your lands." Malachi made the sign of Dagon as a gesture of friendship.

He heard a voice scratching at the back of his mind, it was dry and somewhat painful to hear, the Necronomicon buckled to his belt rustled somewhat, a faint growling came from it.

Do not trust only them.. there shall be others that could be allies... those similar to us.
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:26 am

Lia stayed toward the back trying to look as inconspicuous as possible. She would remain quiet unless addressed so as to avoid offending the emperor or his guard. She would rather stand silently than be impaled on someone's weapon, dying because she did something wrong and pushed a bit too far by mistake.
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:32 am

Karl Franz, noting the hooded .... whatever it was, nodded in reply, those his outer expresion did not convey his inner digust at whatever might be beneath. Passing Merrik and gesturing to Schwarzheim to stand asie, he paced in front of each member of the group, curious about them.

He first stopped in front of Lia, his eyebrows arching a he noted the unusual physical appearance and the visor that covered her head.

"I'm not familiar with your kind," he began. "May I ask who you are?"
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:44 am

This is exactly what Lia did not want. She was hoping to remain inconspicuous and unnoticed, so much for that plan. The Quarian did not dare make eye contact, not sure that any of this was proper, but being the submissive one seemed like the right thing to do in the presence of one with such power. Her gaze was settled on the floor as she spoke, "I am Lia'Rena vas Nedas nar Tasi." She did not raise her gaze and hoped that he would move on to the next one.
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:52 am

Karl nodded, noting her body language - she had dropped her eyes to the floor, refuing eye contact. Thinking that she might break down at any second, he moved on, coming across what looked like a man in plate armour (though he could not identify the metal or the symbols).

"And you are?"
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 3:16 am

By this point, Andrew had risen from his kneel, returning his T-51b helmet to his head and standing at his full, towering height. The Emperor approached him, eyes scanning over his armor. Hell, in the Wasteland it'd made people glance over him twice. And he was in a completely foreign UNIVERSE now. He couldn't really blame him.

"Knight Andrew of the Brotherhood of Steel, Capital Wasteland Chapter. At you service, Sire." Andrew replied in a crisp, formal tone as the Emporer asked him a direct question.
Back to top Go down
Thom

Thom

Character Sheet
Faction: The Order of Magick
Weapon: Tesla Staff/Exotic Sword

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 8:59 am

It was at this point that Thom uncloaked to be seen. He doubted he was invisible to everyone, but it was worth a shot against those of weak perception. His black and cyan robes faded into view, standing beside the Emperor, yet facing him.

"Thomas Nobel, Order of Magick, protector of Midgård." Thom introduced, bowing his head for a few seconds as a delayed sign or respect, "I am sorry for staying cloaked for the majority of your journey, even though some may have been able to see me. I wasn't aware of your powers and such, so I decided to follow you."

The mage had been facing the group visiting the Emperor when he had said this. Strangely, he felt no regret, now that his cover was blown. He sighed quietly for a second, awaiting what he imagined as mixed emotions from the group. That, and guards thinking he was an assassin.

Damn this was a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 6:35 pm

Franz nodded in respect to the Knight, but the sudden arrival of the wizard nearly caued some of the guards, Merrik and Shwarzheim to draw their weapons.

"Weapons down!" he urged before adding to the wizard, "And please, don't do that again, Thomas. My men do not appreciate surprise like that in my presence."

The Emperor continued to inspect each new arrival, quickly glancing at them and asking for names. By the time he had finished, he had returned to the front of the group, standing proudly before them.

"Which one speaks for the whole group?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 6:50 pm

"It is with great pleasure I will speak, honorable Emperor Franz. I am Legendary Servant Saber, Knight of the light cast by the sun, the light of all lights." Saber stood resolute, not wanting to show who she really was in front of so many people at the moment. It could reveal whom she was far to early, and allow anyone to destroy her, through her weaknesses. It was uncouth and unsafe for a Servant to reveal whom they were to early into the games, unless it was an exception.

Such as Hercules, one of the strongest heroes to ever exist, had his identity stated. It caused fear more than anything, and didn't tell anyone anything more than they already knew about him; he was strong, nigh invincible, and was one of the strongest Servants to ever exist.
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 9:20 pm

Franz nodded to Saber. "I will have to consult my advisors a to what is to be done with you. Sergeant Merrik, wait with them."

At that, Franz spun on his heel and strode back to the gaggle of advisors, intending to discuss the situation with his inner circle.
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 9:35 pm

The Quarian finally lifted her gaze. She had a horrible sense of foreboding dread as the Emperor left to consult his advisers. It seemed Andrew was the only one who had done right and knelt before him. She didn't move from her position but to shift her weight as she stood waiting.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 10:38 pm

Andrew shifted uncomfortably as he looked over at Thom, the man who had just decloaked. He had almost attempted to kill the man from pure instinct, just from how it reminded him of Crimson Dragoons, Chinese Special Forces. They could turn invisible too. The Marine remembered his first contact with one.

---

Andrew and Gunnery Sergeant Benjamin Montgomery stepped into a massive room that contained several dozen racks of 914mm Howitzer Shells. Shells that were being used to shell the American Frontline, who were bogged down just outside of Anchorage's Oil Refinery.

"Almost out of ammo for the big guns, huh?" Andrew joked quietly as he stepped down the ramp into the massive room, keeping the Chinese Type-92 he'd stolen after losing his gear from the Paradrop ready for combat.

"Yeah yeah, so I was wrong. Lets keep movin'." Benji retorted as he moved off to the right, around a massive pit in the middle of the room that led off to god knows where.

Andrew moved to the left, stepping around the pit and walking alongside several of the Artillary Racks, glancing down the aiels of shells, then looking forward before he reached the next one. He could've sworn he heard the sound of someone sliding against metal...

Just as the Staff Sergeant looked forward, a Chinese Soldier dressed in some high-tech black armor with an orange visor stepped around the corner of a rack. He pushed down the barrel of Andrew's Type-92 with his left hand, in the Crimson Dragoon's right hand there gleamed a Chinese Officer's Sword, posed above his head, ready to slice down.

Just as the Special Forces soldier struck downwards, Andrew pulled back on his Type-92, freeing it's barrel from the Dragoon's grip and swinging it to his left. The Banana Clip caught the blade of the Dragoon's sword, pushing it to the side as Andrew followed his momentum, stepping into the Chinese Soldier's stance. The Staff Sergeant then turned, slamming the butt of his rifle into the side of the Dragoon's helmet; causing the man to stumble to the side.

---

Suddenly Andrew snapped out of the middle of his reverie, looking around at the gathered group as the Emporer stepped away.
"I hope we don't get sentenced to death, that happened to me back out in the Republic of Dave. Heh, didn't work out for them."
Back to top Go down
Dagon's Champion

Dagon's Champion

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:10 pm

Malachi stood next to saber arms crossed behined his back. The voice spoke to him still, the raspy voice of the dark man advising him on what actions to take and to be wary of. He looked around the room at his 'allies' and the imperials, he turned to saber and whispered beneath his cowl, "What do you make of this situation? I am wary of these imperials, how are we to know that they can be trusted? they may choose to slay us on a whim..."
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:24 pm

"I have doubts to what they can and can not do. I would try to help your group as much as possible, but my Master is the priority. If you were an ally, then I would more than inclined to go out of my way to help you. But, I do not know of your worth as an ally, though if you fight well, I would be more than happy to ally myself with you. Though my Master has the final word in such matters." Saber looked back partially at Malanchi, neutrality in her voice.
Back to top Go down
Dagon's Champion

Dagon's Champion

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 11:39 pm

Malachi snarled a bit, the dark mans voice ranted in his head, spewing insults at the girl. "Well if you would like to, it would be rather beneficial to ally yourself with the old ones. To stand against them would be foolish, though i will not judge you if you choose to do neither... But i will gladly fight along side you until i am returned to my home." He said simply.
Back to top Go down
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:41 am

"I do not wish to become a long term ally of anyone. I will not be around that long to worry about such things." Saber turned around fully, her face neutral as it was before. She could be sociable, if that was needed, but, it wasn't needed as a Servant.
Back to top Go down
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:16 am

After everal inutes of talk, the Emperor returned, flanked by Shwarzheim, what looked like a Warrior Priest of the Empire (if his robe and armour of office and his hammer were of any indication), and a number of nobles and officers of the various provinces.

Franz cleared his throat. "Arrivals within the Empire, it is the verdict of the rulers of the Empire that you will be given free passage through our lands, on the conditions that the laws of our land are adhered to and that no effort be made to compromise the wellbeing of the Empire or its citizens."

He turned to Merrik, speaking, "Sergeant Merrik, as of this moment, you are no longer in command of the Nuln 22nd Battalion, the "Coiuntess' Own Volunteers". Instead, you are hereby to be promoted to the acting rank of Captain and are tasked to act as a liason between the authorities of the Empire and these personnel."

Merrik bowed, intoning, "So the Emperor and Sigmar decree, my lord."

"So I, Karl Franz I, in sight of these witnesses and before Sigmar himself, hereby decree and make so on this day of the 2502nd year of the Empire."
Back to top Go down
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:24 am

The Quarian inwardly sighed with relief as she heard the Emperor's decision. Still, she did not dare lower her defense as she had no idea who these people were beyond that they were known as the Empire. They could be trying to stab the group in the back for all she knew, or they could be honestly trying to help the travelers. She glanced around, her gaze lifted from the ground as she found the sense of dread was ebbing away.
Back to top Go down
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:59 pm

"Excuse me, sir. If I may speak? I would like to ask if there is anything me and my cohorts could accomplish for a place to stay in your Empire?" James asked the Emporer, attempting to boost his vocabulary as much as he could. His first plan of action was to find a place to stay, at least temporarily.

---

Andrew sighed as he stepped over next to Aya, looking around the Throne Room place thingy-ma-jig. "So, what do you think?" He asked the smaller woman, rolling his shoulders, the metal plates clanking together. It was difficult to tell where the armor ended and the man beneath began. But it was obvious the suit was heavy as hell, despite how straight Andrew stood in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City of Altdorf   City of Altdorf - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

City of Altdorf
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next