An RP taking place on 2012 Earth, when the barriers between the world of fiction and reality disappear. What will you do, in this nexus of worlds, this crossroads of all reality?

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Highway/Wilderness

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
The Admin
Admin
The Admin

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 5:54 pm

(Warhammer yayz.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://crossroadsofreality.forumotion.com
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet
Race: Human
Faction: Hellsing
Weapon: Webley I .455 revolver

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:09 pm

Along one of the many highways leading out of the Empire's capital, Altdorf, a unit of black-uniformed Nuln Halbierders was on the march, the banner proudly displaying the heraldry of the Nuln "Countess' Own Volunteers". At the forefront of the 30-man unit, along with the drummer and banner bearer, Sergeant Merrik von Gerhart marched in step with the rest of his unit as they continued away from the capital.

They were bound for their home city, Nuln, were they were to rendevous with the rest of an army being gathered for a new campaign. Even so, the wilds outside of civilised areas were notorious for ambushes...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
The Admin
Admin
The Admin

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:24 pm

Saber came in behind the pair, scanning the terrian, back pack in her right hand. In her left, her hand gripped the invisible sword, touching the ground. She was no longer in her suit, but in her typical skirt and white shirt. She contemplated wearing her armor, or victorian era dress, but the former was hard to use in a forest, the latter simply ineffective in combat, and would tangle in the trees. And her suit could work, but she prefered the skirt a lot. Her old Master had said it looked good on her, and compliements were non existent for her. So she had taken it to definite heart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://crossroadsofreality.forumotion.com
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet
Race: Quarian
Faction: unaffiliated
Weapon: Breaker VII Assault Rifle

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Lia watched as Nova passed through the portal and onto the hill with them. A short time later, she watched as Saber passed through too. They would have to wait for a few more, but the Quarian chose to go back to admiring the view before her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dagon's Champion

Dagon's Champion

Character Sheet
Race: Deep one
Faction: Order of the old ones: Esoteric order of dagon
Weapon: Colt .45 Magnum

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:47 pm

malachi looked back at the two newcomers before turning back to lia, then the landscape before him. Land made him somewhat nervous... but he'd have to get use to it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:52 pm

Some movement in the treeline caught Merrik's eyes as he drew his sword and bellowed, "Regiment, halt!" As the clatter of boots subsided, he gestured to the men to fall into three ranks stretching across the road as multiple silouettes came charging from the trees aead of them.

Soon, there wee sounds of braying around them, as well as a couple of horns from the trees as ruddy, half-human Beastmen burst from the treeline. Many of them carried crude, but large axes or spears and their distinctive bloody standard caught his eye.

"BEASTMEN!" a soldier panicked as the men fel into line, halbeirds lowered to meet the enemy charge...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet
Race: Legendary Servant
Faction: Britannia
Weapon: Excalbiur, Sword of the Lake

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 6:55 pm

"I'm going to go and assume what they say is true, and say you're the "alien" correct? I do not understand these modern terms so well." Saber stayed in the position she was, her normal neutral voice present, as she looked at the highway.

"And you are the "Deep One". Again, I am not good with such modern terms as you use." The Knight looked at the surronding forest; if they were attacked, they had the high ground. An advantage, to say the least. It really all depended on what the enemy was, however. She knew it wasn't technological; the air quality wasn't like the modern era. It quite reminded her of the air she had breathed in life. Yet to be tainted by the wheels of industry, and advancment. This world had yet to taste the pain of modern pollution yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dagon's Champion

Dagon's Champion

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:04 pm

Malachi turned to saber and chuckled, "Modern? My kind have lived since before earth even spawned bacteria, i myself am almost a century old. Our presence is felt lightly in most dimensions..." He mused. He smelt something in the air... reminded him of Shub-Niggurath's children, creatures that resembled a cross between a ram and a human.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:12 pm

"Interesting, so your kind are as old as the age of gods. An interesting prospect, I suppose. So long as your kind and yourself do not harm my Master, then I have no need to kill you. I am mildly surprised at the idea, though it is of no concern to myself. Perhaps my Master would care more; perhaps not." Saber stood, waiting for her Master to emerge before she did anything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rathborne

Rathborne

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:17 pm

Rusted steel crashed against shield as Merrik bashed aside a frothing beserker's sword, following up by stabbing the Beastman in the throat. Around him, his men swung or trusted with their halbeirds, trying to stave off the warband bearing down on them. But for every one that fell, there were five more. Ten more. Twenty.

Praying to Sigmar that reenforcements would come soon, Merrik threw himself into the fight once more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:22 pm

Lia turned up the audio receiver's sensitivity as she listened for wild life while she stared at the forest. She could faintly hear what sounded like a bleating possibly. Thinking aloud, she said, "I wonder what kind of animal that is."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dagon's Champion

Dagon's Champion

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:29 pm

Malachi began to draw a large sigil on the ground, his necronomicon was open and he chanted the words inside of the tome. The sigil began to glow and then singed the ground black where it lay. Malachi breathed in the fumes that rose from the burnt ground. They were a lovely violet and he shivered at the sensation. He spoke more words in the tongue of the old ones before closing the book. He looked to his friends and said, "I am ready for anything."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 7:43 pm

Saber scoffed at the fish like beings use of mage craft, before looking at Lia, her normal expression once again prevalent on her face.

"I do not know what those sounds are, but they are no normal animal I know of. A few sounds are like combat from my time. I would highly suggest we move there with due speed. After of course, my Master arrives. That being said, you are free to go yourselves." The King looked at the forest below, and the highway. She had reinforced her ears after Lia's comment, and something was off. But her Masters safety was more important than that of some warriors; had they been un armed people, she would've rushed to their aid immediately. In fact, she should've went to help now, but she did not know the combatants. She was really stretching her oath out in this situation, through loopholes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet
Faction: Brotherhood of Steel
Weapon: M199 5.56x45mm Assault Rifle

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:03 pm

James stepped through the portal with his M4A1 raised, scanning left and right through the forest. It appeared clear, and the Marine lowered his Carbine. Breathing in the misty air. He glanced at the group before him, straining his ears. He couldn't hear anything out of the ordinary... well, there was some odd clanking sound way in the distance. But he didn't pay much attention to it, probably some bird...

"Is everyone okay?" The Marine asked, looking at Saber, Lia, and Malachi.

---

Andrew stepped through the portal holding one of the capsules, examining it while glancing up and scanning. "Sounds like metal on metal a couple hundred meters out, should check it out." He said outloud, to no one in particular. He recognized the sound from Super Mutants smashing his Brothers and Sisters with hammers and super-sledges.

He continued to examine the capsule, reading a small label along the side. "Awh, I need to crack this thing open."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dagon's Champion

Dagon's Champion

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Malachi drew his magnum and jammed a fresh magazine in. the sigils on the gun began to glow a bright purple. "Alright, lets go then.* He closed his necronomicon and buckled it to his belt. he started down the hill casually, humming as he went and taking one awkward step at a time.

Last edited by Dagon's Champion on Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:24 pm

Aya kept a level head, a M9 in hand as she walked near the group, knowing something violent was going on. Humans, fighting something she couldn't sense; meaning that they weren't human. Meaning they needed help.

"A'right, I guess I'll stay here and let you guys handle the killing of whatever is killing the group of humans. Its best some of us stay back and defend the entry point."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Master, what do you command?" Saber turned her head far enough to see James with the corner of her eye, her pack already left at the top of the hill. She held the inivisible sword in a one handed grip.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:45 pm

"We'll recon what exactly is going on before we rescue anyone. As far as we know, it could be a bunch of poachers trying to kill some endangered metal deer." The Marine replied as he moved down the hill, sighing at the fact he was with a bunch of civvies. They didn't move up with caution, instead just ambling in the rough direction.

Then again, he couldn't blame them. They didn't have the training.

---

"I'll stay behind too, watch the gate." Andrew called out, looking up at Aya while attempting to open the capsule. "According to the label on this thing, it's loaded with gear from where I'm from." He spoke up when they were alone, popping the lid and tossing it clear of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dryskim

Dryskim

Character Sheet
Faction: Unaffiliated/
Weapon: Silver Ghost 9mm

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:56 pm

Noble Six emerged from the portal's exit point, his armored boots dropping to the ground leaving him standing in the middle of some forested world, though it could be earth, he couldn't exactly be certain though his Tac-Map was showing a distinct lack of anything. No cities, no space-ports, no urban centers, not even a small town...nothing. He simply drew his MA37, intending to save the capsules and other supplies he'd been issued for a later time, in case he really needed them.

~

Leon popped out of the portal a few minutes after Six, having left his leather jacket behind in favor of a much more protective tactical vest and a set of elbow pads, his Silver Ghost was in it's holster on his thigh and a few of those magical capsules rattled around in his pants pocket, and in his hands he carried a Heckler and Koch Universal Machine Pistol chambered in .45 ACP rounds with a C-More Sight, flashlight, and fore grip, "So what'd I miss?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 8:59 pm

"That is an idiotic assessment, my Master. I can hear the signs of battle. Clearly, it is humans fighting against something non-human. "Recon" makes no sense in this situation, as I can easily tell if anything of importance is in the rough area. While it would make sense if I was a normal human, I am not. So the entire ideal that we do recon is of no importance. It is however, of importance to save the lives that may be endangered. I have led armies before, both modern and of old, for years upon years, longer then you have been alive. There is a battle going on, and you are ignorant to disregard a Servants knowledge, and capability." Saber gripped her sword tighter, annoyed at her Master for not even knowing just what she was. Unless he did, and he was simply....

"Otherwise, you are nothing more than a coward who wishes the battle to end, so that your own life is not in danger. I find it highly insulting that you would think I am incapable of protecting your life."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aya stood, throwing her pack down as she watched Andrew mess around with the stuff. Given, he had no idea what it did, or instructions on how to use it. Neither did she; and she honestly didn't like that.

"Nothing, some battle going, and that girl is argueing with the Marine. Usual waste-of-time bullshit. They either need to recon, if that girl is just spewing bullshit, or go out, if she isn't. I mean, yes, it could be dangerous. But saving a life is important, even if you don't know them" Aya wrinkled her noes, and added in;

"Human life, anyway. That being said, its kind of a dumbass move to charge right into a battle. But then, lives are at stake."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:24 pm

"Yeah, right. And how would I know you could magically sense people without seeing them? I can't, and I'd rather not kill some innocent guys that are simple circle-jerking in the woods. If you're the type to lead armies into towns and brutally massacre everyone, then fine. But I'm not. I say we figure out who is good and who is bad, which will take only a few seconds, and help the good guys." James growled as he sped up, obviously annoyed by this woman. Calling him a coward? He volunteered as Point Man for room clearing and when on patrol, so he'd be the one to step on the possible IED's, not his team.

Even then, he wasn't going to allow this woman to get under his skin. She wanted to be a bitch? Fine, let her. But he had a job to do, and he was going to see it through.

---

"I normally plan my things out before I engage, unless I see a Wastelander being held captive by Super Mutants, or something along those lines. Then generally there isn't time for planning... I normally get a few more holes that way..." Andrew threw in his two cents, then approached his capsule which had expanded.

The Lone Wanderer cracked the thing open, looking inside with a whistle. "Damn... I swear this thing was made just for me..." The former Marine began to rummage inside, then leaned away from the thing. Beginning to peel off his Recon Armor right down to his underwear, as odd as it seemed. He'd found something much better inside.

He looked a lot different than the others, he had scars like they did. But his scars were odd, sometimes jagged or like burns. Even then, his fair skin covered it up. He also seemed like he'd been starved, but despite it managed to keep muscular in a lean way. The Capital Wasteland was survival of the fittest. And Andrew was damn good at survivng.

The Knight slipped on an undersuit that seemed to be made of some fabric, and was several inches thick. He then began to add on mechanized plating, that was painted white. Soon it began to form into the great T-51b Power Armor; with a customized gauntlet to cover his left arm, even with his Pip-Boy. Of course it still left a small opening for the screen and buttons.

Last he slid his helmet onto his head. The T-51b's helmet was both intimidating and charismatic, depending on the stance of the person using it. "A lot of weaponry in here..." Andrew mumbled, his voice coming out in a mechanical drone from his helmet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 9:40 pm

"I said had I been a normal human. I am a Servant, and you are simply being a coward. You did not want to simply look at the forces, you want to "Recon". And by that, sit back and watch them all die. You're such a typical Master. You lie, it is simple as that. You know nothing of what it is like to send thousands of men to their death. To live with that. To sleep at night after doing such things. But I suppose I am stuck with a coward such as yourself. I thought you were different then other Masters. You act as if you know nothing about me, but you do. You are nothing more than a typical magus, who relies on killing innocent people to their ends." Saber gripped her sword tighter, getting slightly angrier at this urchin. If he wanted to be nothing more than a coward, then he could be. She expected better of him, she thought he was different. She knew that he was a typial Magus. He would no less kill every person here present then help an innocent person. Someone like him sickend her to the core.

"However. There were interesting circumstances around my summoning. I apologize for any insult I may have threwn your way, my Master. Almost every Magus I have dealt with before has acted as nothing more than a child killer. It is hard to believe that you are different then them, in anyway. However, as a Knight, I should not judge you. It is possible that you summond me by accident like one of my previous Masters, and that you know nothing of me. In that case, I apologize. However, if you are nothing more than a killer of innocents, then I will put you down. If you are not, then you would respect my resolve to end you if you were a cold hearted killer. As I said before Master, I am sorry. There is no need for you to apologize for your precious comments. As you most likely already know what heroic spirit I am, then you of course think I have killed villages of innocent people. I can assure you I am no Monster. My story was never properly written down, and please, do not hold the past against me. I assure you, I am not an evil being. If you can believe that, then I can believe you are a good man. I will trust you to do the right thing, and help the people fighting. And if this is true recon, though I may already know the status of the battle, I must earn your trust, if you think me as a Monster. I understanf why you would do recon, as you think I would betray you. So please Master, go ahead, I will follow you. I will see to it that we are not ambushed, and you do your recon in peace. It is the least I owe you, for not trying to kill a being most consider a monster, such as myself."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You look okay, pretty boy. Just please don't do that again, I may throw up. M'kay?" Aya looked at the clouds above, after Andrew had finished. He certainly wasn't an eye sore, but she wasn't interested in something so....primal as sex. Given, he looked pretty damned good. But then, the Mitochondrion has preserved her youth for one reason, and one reason alone. Perverted mitochondrion. But then, this was something a lot of people would kill for; eternal life an all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:22 pm

James sighed impatiently as Saber continued on with the small-scale argument. The woman began to list off several reasong for his choice, many furthering his anger. But they didn't have time to wait around, they needed to move or risk missing the fight anyways.

"Yeah? Well I know jack shit about you, I didn't summon you or anything. We can continue this later, first we have to see what exactly in the fuck is going on." And with that, the Marine was off, Heading towards the sounds of battle.

---

"Don't worry, I don't think I'll be taking this armor off for a while..." Andrew replied as he rumbled through the capsule, silently adding "without help at least" under his breath. Soon he pulled up a massive Battery Pack thing, which he mounted onto his back, even though it looked like it could cripple a mule. He reached inside once more, pulling out a wicked looking Trench Knife. It looked like it had a pair of spiked brass knuckles over the hilt. He slammed it into a sheath over the left side of his chest, before returning once more into the capsule; finding more gear.

He removed an AEP9 from the pack, also known as a Laser Pistol, along with several Energy Cells as ammunition. Then an AER14, aka the Laser Rifle. He set it to the side to carry later, and stacked up with Microfusion Cells as ammo.

He didn't stop there, he removed a massive cannon that was at the very least 3/4ths the size of him. It was a Tesla Cannon. He attached it to the side of his Battery Pack thing, which would power the next item he removed...

It was the second part of the Gatling Laser, a massive Laser Minigun that could cut down most anything in seconds. He set that down as well, stocking up on Electronic Charge Packs to power both the Tesla Cannon and Gatling Laser.

Andrew loosely strung his AER14 off to his side, then picked up the Gatling Laser. All in all, he was armed heavier than a tank. And wasn't afraid to use it.

"Ahhh... can't wait to put this to use."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
LiaRena

LiaRena

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:38 pm

Lia remembered the man saying something about the capsules being storage devices and began to rummage through them as she searched for a weapon. She finally found something that she hoped would give her some kind of weapon other than her knife. She pressed in the button on top of the small capsule and tossed it away. Once it had popped and enlarged, she found what appeared to a few modern weapons and body armor, along with clips for said weapons. She grabbed a weapon, no way to know that it was an M4A1 and a few magazines, not sure how exactly how to operate the weapon, she experimented a bit after figuring out the obvious. The clip eject gave her a bit of trouble as she took a moment to figure out how to release the clip before replacing it. Now somewhat satisfied with this foreign, to her, weapon, she turned to the others with the gun aimed at the ground.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Saber

Saber

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:46 pm

"Alright Master." Saber followed after him in silence, trying not to make anyform of noise at all once she reached the tree line. She was pretty succseful. It was a pretty good idea to not wear the armor after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Ri-ght. Well, I'm sure there are plenty of idiots with guns out there who would love to oblige you." Aya watched as the others left, keeping a fairly good senty of the rough area.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andrew
Admin
Andrew

Character Sheet

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2011 10:52 pm

James glanced over his shoulder as one of the aliens found an M4A1 in her capsule. She caught up on it's function rather quickly, although he didn't know how good she'd be with the weapon. He was carrying one himself. If anything, she could be a mobile ammo dump.

The Marine pressed forward, remaining silent. They were getting close now...

---

Andrew shrugged, holding the Gatling Laser with practically no effort. "Huh, from the way this place looks... I'd be surprised to find someone with a gun." The Knight thought a moment as he looked in the opposite direction of Aya, keeping just as good of a watch. He was an extremely perceptive guy after his experiences in the Wasteland.

"So, Aya? What do you think of that guy who sent us in here?" Andrew asked, looking over his shoulder momentarily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Highway/Wilderness Empty
PostSubject: Re: Highway/Wilderness   Highway/Wilderness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Highway/Wilderness
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
At The Crossroads :: Warhammer :: Empire-
Jump to: